Master of Theological Studies
Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
Continue your educational and spiritual journey with the Master of Theological Studies Degree at St. Stephen’s College! Whether you feel called to make a significant change in your career, or simply seek a deeper insight into the spiritual facets of your life and work, we invite you to consider our degree program.
Our MTS is a graduate-level gateway program in theology. It offers a study of theological disciplines – broadly understood – which may be used as: preparation for further study; vocational formation; personal integration, and growth. The MTS provides a flexible course of study with core courses that are augmented by electives, and ongoing interactions with a vibrant learning community.
Our MTS aims to balance a solid foundation in theological studies (core courses) with an opportunity to explore a variety of interdisciplinary and creative topics (electives). The strong focus on electives allows for both breadth and depth. We offer:
- A broad, diverse curriculum that combines academic rigor with opportunities for personal reflection and integration
- Small class sizes and individual mentoring
- Inclusive perspectives, open to multi-faith and multi-cultural views
- Courses in various formats: Week-long intensives, semester, online, and independent study
- Choice between a course-based stream or a thesis-based stream
- Dynamic, experienced, and accessible faculty who are committed to your support
- Flexibility to develop and focus on your own areas of interest
- Diverse and cutting-edge approaches to research, including arts-based methodologies
- A diverse, engaged student community
- An opportunity to discover new depths of mind and spirit
MTS graduates can make a difference in the world through their presence in:
- Social service agencies
- Teaching and educational administration
- Spiritual care and chaplaincy in hospitals and prisons
- Work in faith communities, youth programs, the arts, and many more facets of our world!
|Admission Requirements||Program Requirements|