Sampling of Initiatives that the College is a part of
University Campus Initiatives
- Unwind Your Mind: Helping students de-stress during exam time through a “wisdom corner” in art therapy.
- Heroes for Health Challenge: Presenter at Healthy Campus Symposium addressing the staggering statistics of mental health on university campuses across Canada.
- Pride Week: Providing support through the participation in the parade and providing cookies for marchers.
- Bully Prevention Week: Participation in a two day experiential art project titled “Erasing Words that Hurt“.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Fair: Presenter and facilitator of art therapy to future health practitioners in an effort to bring awareness of the validity of complementary and alternative medicine practices in contemporary medicine.
- Chaplain Association: Earle Sharam is a reader at the annual Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols for Advent and Christmas
Integrative Health Institute (IHI) – University of Alberta: a part of the scholars panel providing insight on integrative patient care from a theological/pastoral perspective.
Edmonton Public Library: art therapy workshops for the homeless within Edmonton’s inner city.
Edmonton Pride Festival Society: providing support through the participation in the annual pride parade.
Edmonton Committee for a Parliament of the World’s Religions: sponsor and Partner of the “Faiths Coming Together” Conference of May 2014.
Edmonton Interfaith Centre for Education & Action: sponsor of the annual Building Bridges Among Faith Traditions event that celebrates the achievements of individuals who embody the vision of understanding, harmony and mutual respect of our diverse nation.
Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada – Alberta National Event: sponsored the broadcloth and tobacco for the 500 sacred prayer ties; made for each Aboriginal person who provided their personal statements during the event. Continued connection and dialogue with the Aboriginal community towards continued healing.
United Church of Canada Initiatives
- member of the Theology and Inter Church, Inter Faith Committee.
- one of the United Church of Canada representatives on the Edmonton District Council of Churches.
- member of the Edmonton Presbytery Inter Church and Inter Faith Committee.